Queens Volunteer Lawyers Project, Inc., a not-for-profit legal assistance program sponsored by the Queens County Bar Association, is dedicated to providing attorneys, on a pro bono basis, to residents of Queens County who cannot afford to retain a private lawyer to resolve their civil legal problems.
Volunteer lawyers assist indigent persons:
- In Housing Court.
- In Family Court.
- In administrative hearings.
- To secure uncontested divorces.
- To assist in other miscellaneous matters, such as foreclosures, bankruptcy and consumer problems, and the drafting of wills.
Applications for assistance will be considered by:
- The nature of the request.
- The availability of a volunteer attorney.
- The applicant meeting the program’s income eligibility requirements.
Applicants seeking pro bono help should call
Monday through Friday
between the hours of 10:00 AM & 4:00 PM:
For additional information on free legal services in your community, visit lawhelpny.org.
For additional information on free services to prevent foreclosure, call 311 and ask for The Center for New York City Neighborhoods, www.cnycn.org.