James P. De Franco, Jr., Esq. – Moderator, Vice-Chair, Civil Court Committee
Hon. George M. Heymann – Former NYC Housing Court Judge;
of Counsel, Finz & Finz, P.C.
Jeannine Baer Kuzniewski, Esq. – Court Attorney to Hon. Gilbert Badillo
Niles C. Welikson, Esq. – Partner, Horing Welikson & Rosen
- Protecting your client and yourself in the wake of a recent Federal Court Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) determination.
- Recent developments on the “Four (4) Year Rule” as to Rent Records.
- Prosecuting and defending against Class Action Rent Overcharge Complaints; recent Appellate Division cases permitting Class Actions in “Roberts” overcharge situations.
- Recent Appellate determinations addressing “prevailing party” status in awarding Legal Fees.
- What the Court expects when appearing in the Landlord/Tenant part of the Civil Court.
- Recent Landlord/Tenant and Housing Court decisions of interests.
QCBA President – Joseph F. DeFelice
Academy of Law – Hon. Martin E. Ritholtz, Dean; Ira Hofher, Esq., Associate Dean; Gary F. Miret, Esq., Associate Dean; Leslie S. Nizin, Esq., Associate Dean
Financial Hardship Policy: Please contact Arthur N. Terranova, Executive Director at 718-291-4500 for information on financial alternatives.
Accreditation: The Queens County Bar Association has been certified by the NYS Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Continuing Legal Education Provider in the State of New York. Application for Renewal has been filed and is currently pending.