Term Life Insurance
Arthur J. Gallagher & co.
Email the Plan Agent, Irene Walton at Irene_Walton@ajg.com or call 1-800-952-4050 ext. 4765.
Vision Plan through VSPView benefits and enroll online. Find an Affordable Plan for Individuals or Families
Coverage available for Preferred In-Network Providers and Out-of-Network Providers
Annual Well Vision Exam – $15 copay
Prescription Glass coverage with $25 copay; higher copay for premium lenses
Discounts on Laser Vision correction
Hearing Aid Discount Program
Have you done enough to help ensure your family’s financial security?
Queens County Bar Association Member Term Life Insurance provides affordable coverage at a competitive group rate. Having enough life insurance protection is important because in the short term, you want to meet your financial obligations if something should happen to you prematurely. And, because in the long run, you would want your family to be able to continue on with their lives, as planned.
Plan at a Glance:Members (1) may apply for a benefit amount up to $1,000,000,in $25,000 increments. (2)
Coverage can continue up to the age of 75.
Your spouse/domestic partner may apply for up to $500,000, in $25,000 increments. (2)
Your spouse/domestic partner’s coverage amount cannot exceed 50% of your coverage or $500,000.
Each of your dependent children (3) are eligible for $10,000 coverage.
Valuable built-in features including:
Will Preparation Services (4) – Helping to ensure your final wishes are clear. Get help preparing or updating a will, living will or power of attorney.
Estate Resolution Services (4) – Settling an estate with confidence. With unlimited consultations, either in person with an attorney or by phone, including court representations.
Total Control Account (5) – Provides your loved ones with a safe and convenient way to manage life insurance proceeds.
Accelerated Benefits Option (6) – Receive a percentage of your life insurance in the event that you become terminally ill and are diagnosed with no more than a specified amount of time to live.
Please contact Irene Walton at 1-800-952-4050 ext. 4765 or Irene_Walton@ajg.com
(1) You must be a member of Queens County Bar Association to qualify for this insurance plan.
(2) Coverage reduces at age 65 to 50% of the face value amount (of the amount in-force at age 64) and at age 70 to 50% of the face value amount (of the amount in-force at age 69) before terminating at age 75.
(3) Refers to your unmarried, dependent children through age 25.
(4) Will Preparation Services and Estate Resolution Services are offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., a MetLife company, Cleveland, Ohio. In certain states, Will Preparation Services and Estate Resolution Services are provided through insurance coverage underwritten by Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and its affiliates, Warwick, RI. These services are provided at no additional cost to those who purchase Supplemental Life Insurance only. Certain services are not covered by Estate Resolution Services, including matters in which there is a conflict of interest between the executor and any beneficiary or heir and the estate; any disputes with the group policyholder, MetLife and/or any of its affiliates; any disputes involving statutory benefits; will contests or litigation outside probate court; appeals; court costs, filing fees, recording fees, transcripts, witness fees, expenses to a third party, judgments or fines; and frivolous or unethical matters.
(5) Subject to state law, and/or group policyholder direction, the Total Control Account is provided for all Life and AD&D benefits of $5,000 or more. The TCA is not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any government agency. The assets backing TCA are maintained in MetLife’s general account and are subject to MetLife’s creditors. MetLife bears the investment risk of the assets backing the TCA, and expects to earn income sufficient to pay interest to TCA Accountholders and to provide a profit on the operation of the TCAs.
(6) The Accelerated Benefits Option is subject to state regulation and is intended to qualify for favorable federal income tax treatment, in which case the benefits will not be subject to federal income taxation. This information was written as a supplement to the marketing of life insurance products. Tax laws relating to accelerated benefits are complex and limitations may apply. You are advised to consult with and rely on an independent tax advisor about your own particular circumstances. Receipt of accelerated benefits may affect your eligibility, or that of your spouse or your family, for public assistance programs such as medical assistance (Medicaid), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Supplementary Social Security Income (SSI) and drug assistance programs. You are advised to consult with social service agencies concerning the effect that receipt of accelerated benefits will have on public assistance eligibility for you, your spouse or your family.
In some cases a medical exam may be required (at no cost to you). When you apply, simply answer the health questions. Depending on the amount applied for, a paramedical exam and blood test may be required, which will be scheduled at your convenience. Even if you have a health condition, you still may qualify.
All insurance and insurance effective dates are subject to final underwriting approval.
Like most insurance policies, insurance policies offered by MetLife and its affiliates contain certain exclusions, exceptions, reductions, limitations, waiting periods and terms for keeping them in force. Please contact Arthur J Gallagher at 1-215-351-4766 for costs and complete details.
Insurance coverage is issued by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10166.
Policy number 216541-1-G
© 2019 MetLife Services and Solutions, LLC